1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts and ideas welcome...

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by ahaywar2, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Hi, I teach Reception but hope this is of some help. With regards to point 3, I create a weekly environment planner based on children's interests/next steps/medium term plan with suggestions for each table. The main things I think is to plan from their interests and put things out the following day that will extend their learning a bit further.
    I do a rolling snack but this takes a lot of work at the beginning to get children to do it properly (remembering to wash hands, finding fruit name etc). Also, I think young children need a lot of reminding about fruit/snack so if you've got time a separate snack time might be more effective.
    I think it's important to have those daily routines in the morning, especially counting how many children are here today, talking about what they might of done the previous evening. It sets a good tone for the day.