1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

those who wear contact lenses...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon1369, Jul 2, 2011.

1. I have got at least 6 pairs of monthly contact lenses, all in original packaging, free to good home! I get them from boots as part of my eye care package, but pay extra for better ones so they aren't boots own.
    The reason I am getting rid is that my prescription has changed I've got a stash of ones that are no good as I often go through periods of only wearing my glasses.
    The prescription on them is -1.50 and they are in date until at least 2013 I think. I really don't want to throw them away because it's a waste of money so would rather give them to someone who can use them. Don't worry I won't charge! (also not allowed to sell them on ebay)
    If interested either post here or PM me.
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

You'll need to give more details of the material and the size etc...

3. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

My prescription is over twice that, do you think it'd work if I doubled them up?

4. LoL

My -4.75 and -5.50 see your double

5. Sorry I'm not at home at the minute but will provide more details about them once I'm home. They are the same as these ones here, but no measurements are shown
    http://www.bootscontactlensesonline.com/proclear/proclear-c700p301.html
    Haha, MrCC's prescription is also double mine so they aren't even any use for him! I would like to see you try doubling them up though [​IMG]

6. OP

When my prescription has changed in the past I have taken the unused ones back to Boots and they have refunded me the cost

7. I asked them about this but they will only exchange the pack I collect when going for a check up and I have had my new prescription for a while now.They also said I shouldn't have a stock of them if I was wearing them as I should do - but I explained that I can sometimes go months without using them wearing my glasses instead. They still wouldn't take them back, even though they are in the packaging they were delivered in.