1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Those weird things that we do....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pinkflipflop, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Have been pondering today, after my mum and nan told me I was absolutely bonkers, the weird things that make me 'me'.
    I'm sure we all have those odd things that nobody seems to understand or think are daft.
    The one in particular today (I'm always being laughed at!) was my discussion of fruit and yogurt. I LOVE berries with yogurt poured all over them and eat it all the time at the moment. However, I absolutely can't stand yogurt with bits in. The thought of eating them makes me feel ill!
    What other odd things to TES posters have about themselves?

2. Have been pondering today, after my mum and nan told me I was absolutely bonkers, the weird things that make me 'me'.
    I'm sure we all have those odd things that nobody seems to understand or think are daft.
    The one in particular today (I'm always being laughed at!) was my discussion of fruit and yogurt. I LOVE berries with yogurt poured all over them and eat it all the time at the moment. However, I absolutely can't stand yogurt with bits in. The thought of eating them makes me feel ill!
    What other odd things to TES posters have about themselves?

3. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

I have quite long toes which I am always feeling quite self conscious of. So sometimes, if I am not wearing shoes, I will sit with my toes bent under my feet. People often comment how uncomfortable this must be, but I actually find it very comforting.

4. You are my twin. I eat yoghut with berries, but they cannot be mixed.
    The other thing that makes me me - according to everyone I know.
    I fight to the death for the underdog, but never for myself.
    I do actually fight for myself - as those who know me know - I just say nowt.
    And what really makes me me, is my tea drinking. I cannot explain how I do it, but according to my colleagues, only I drink tea "this way".

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Love strawberry jam, hate strawberries.

6. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

I like fresh orange juice.
    I hate the smell, taste or texture of Oranges, satsumas or any other orangey, zesty kind of fruit.
    Nor do I like orange cordial or anything orange flavoured, possibly one of the worst things I can think of is chocolate orange anything what a vile combination of flavours! xx

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I sleep with my right arm above my head.
    TBH I'm sure I do loads of wierd/odd things, and I am, without doubt, mad as a bag of cats...but I'm generally happy! [​IMG]

8. Whenever I have a cooked breakfast at my boyfriend's on a weekend, I always leave my black pudding until last as it's my favourite, but I never do it with my favourite food in other meals.
    I also only buy black hair bobbles, and for years I would only buy and wear black socks. Then I realised that patterned socks are so much easier to match up after they've been washed, so now I tend to only buy patterned socks instead!

9. bedingfield

bedingfield New commenter

I love raw eggs beaten up with milk and a little sugar (never had salmonella yet).
    Can't stand cooked eggs as I find the texture too slimy

10. That's another thing about me.....all foods must be eaten in a certain order, they must not be mixed or eaten randomly. I love things like spag bol, chilli, lasagne, bacon pudding.....but they are all 'deconstructed' with each part eaten in a certain order [​IMG]

11. I'm like this with a roast dinner. My routine is: every scrap of veg gone, then meat and stuffing, next batter/Yorkshire pudding, finally roast potatoes. If I don't eat it in this order I don't enjoy it.
    I have lots more....I really am quite odd!

12. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

I have a phobia of milk - have had since I was a baby. I used to have juice in a bottle rather than milk. Can't be near it, can't look at it, hate having to go down that aisle in the supermarket. The worst is when someone has drunk a glass of milk and left the residue in the glass. That freaks me more than a full glass of milk.
    This phobia extends to yoghurts, mayo and sour cream though it isn't as bad as with milk itself.

13. When walking with someone I always have to walk on their left.

14. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

• When I eat a McDonald's meal I eat all but 10 fries first, then eat the burger and end with the 10 fries
    • When I am tired I raise my arm straight up above my head
    • my morning routine is shave, **** and shower - always in that order
    • I have to leave the clothes I wore during the day on the floor at the foot of the bed in case I need to get dressed in the night. They do not go into the washing piles until the next morning
    • When driving to work in the morning I do not take my first sip of coffee until I have driven 12 miles

15. I do this in bed - keep the arm up straight and kind of forget about it.

similar to other posters - love bananas, hate anything banana flavoured - especially those big banana sweets you get in a mix up. Love mushrooms, hate mushroom soup, and until recently loved cherry flavoured stuff but hated cherries (not so anymore!).

I can turn my arms around so i look like a doll with its arms on back to front.

16. If I don't have a glass of wine at five-thirty, I feel hard done by.

I have a deformed baby toe. I'm quite fond of it.

17. I'm glad someone mentioned socks. I HAVE to have them on the washing line or radiator in pairs, all facing the same way and preferably with the heels to the right. To me it just seems logical, and it makes them so much easier to put away, but when people witness it they look at me like I'm psycho.

18. In my defence, before I go any further, please remember that I am Aspie - so my strangeness is linked with that....
    I sleep strip.
    I like to lick things - actually, I like to lick pretty much everything. And if I can't lick it (I accept that sometimes, in public, I need to be discrete!) I like to sniff things!
    I like nice soft clothes, nothing scratchy.
    I have set times for my meals (and I mean <u>set</u> times!)
    I hate elastic and rubber. They are horrible. I feel uncomfortable now just typing the words.
    I find it difficult/impossible to filter out sound.
    I love strawberries, but hate synthetic starwberry flavour.
    I can't remember my own age...I have to count up on my fingers!
    Most of the lights in my home are bare bulbs. I refuse to have paper or fabric lampshades because I am scared they'll burn...I am looking for reasonable size/price glass shades.
    And I can't swim - because I refuse to accept it is possible! I have an honours degree in maths, but am fixated on the sheer impossibilty of swimming. A brick weighs a pound or so and sinks...I weigh a lot more so I will sink too! And don't tell me there's air in me...I am almsot solid hard sinkable fat!

19. I watch TV with the subtitles turned on, always, and get annoyed at programmes that don't have them.

20. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

Before I eat Smarties or Skittles, I have to tip them out and organise them into lines by colour. The longest line gets eaten first.