1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Those professional 'bump' shots ...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by katherinelily, Feb 22, 2011.

1. My Facebook home page seems out of the blue to be innundated with them. For those who don't know what I mean, they're photographs taken by a professional photographer of the pregnant lady in her underwear with the bump being the focus of the photograph. There are a few of just the bump and then a few of the partner kissing it, the woman holding it, and so on.
    I hate them! I feel a little unkind for thinking it but to me, they just seem tacky and a bit pretentious and very, very artificial.
    Perhaps I will change my mind if I ever have a bump of my own. Did anyone on here ever have a bump shot done? (I mean professionally by the way and not just some pics of the bump as it grows ...)

2. My Facebook home page seems out of the blue to be innundated with them. For those who don't know what I mean, they're photographs taken by a professional photographer of the pregnant lady in her underwear with the bump being the focus of the photograph. There are a few of just the bump and then a few of the partner kissing it, the woman holding it, and so on.
    I hate them! I feel a little unkind for thinking it but to me, they just seem tacky and a bit pretentious and very, very artificial.
    Perhaps I will change my mind if I ever have a bump of my own. Did anyone on here ever have a bump shot done? (I mean professionally by the way and not just some pics of the bump as it grows ...)

3. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

REVEL IN OUR FECUNDITY, DAMMIT!!!!

4. I just had to Google that word!
    Baby shots are lovely. Can't we just have more of those than bare bump-age in all sorts of weird positions!

5. I've had professional photos taken during my first 2 pregnancies (and will probably have some taken in a few weeks time), but only because one of my best friends is a photographer!

I wouldn't put the photos on Facebook though...they feel too 'private' to share with everyone.

6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

How long before we see 'Bump On Board' stickers in car windows I wonder?

7. I already have!
    Sarah, congratulations to you. I understand exactly what you mean about 'bump' pictures as they are an intimate and private photograph.
    I feel a little mean now, as the girls who have put theirs up are all lovely and are clearly just very excited, understandably. I don't think I'll put any up even when the time comes though!

8. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

I think they can be incredibly beautiful - or bloody awful!
    Not sure I'll have a professional one done though when my bump's big enough! Might just let Mr Para in his amateur photographer role, take some!

9. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

10. Paradoxicalgirly

At least with a photo you can hang it on the wall - what the hell would you do with one of them monstrosities?!

11. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

The ones i've seen have looked lovely. I don't think i'd get them done myself....too self-conscious. My husband takes my bump pictures, so it's nothing arty or anything, just me standing there usually!

12. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Hang it on the wall or use as an ornamental fruit bowl, of course. [​IMG] Didn't you read the second link? Frankly, the phrase 'A (pregnant) fool and their money are easily parted' springs to mind.
    <table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2"> </td><td colspan="19">
    </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"> </td>
    <td colspan="19">What
    could be a more magical keepsake of the miraculous nine months you
    carry your baby inside you? Pregnant belly casts fascinate adults and
    children alike, whether you choose to hang yours proudly on the wall, or
    use it as a fruit bowl or more discrete ornament.
    </td></tr></table>

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I thought this would be about golf.

14. Rank, IMO.
    I had stretch marks which looked like a road map on my bump. Who wants that hanging on their wall? Although if I looked like Demi Moore did for that magazine cover, maybe I would ocnsider it!

I do wish I'd taken more pictures of me pregnant though as a reminder of the time (obviously, the baby is the best reminder!) I think I forced OH to take one on my due date when I didn't look at all "glowy".

15. Paradoxicalgirly

Cor, the size of my belly at my current 26 weeks could hold all of the local Tesco's fruit supplies in it for a week!

16. OK

I was especially horrified by the picture of the cast that they had put the sleeping baby in

I though that was the worst ... then I clicked on the colour link ... that one with the heart ... vom

17. Not really into bump-shots, but I reserve judgement on pregnancy tastes as it's such a weird and self-absorbed period in a woman's life.
    I didn't get photos taken specifically of my bump, but I did tell anyone who had a kind face all about my swollen and painful under-carriage.

18. zee-bra

zee-bra New commenter

Love it! LOL

19. Oh dear god..
    http://www.rockabelly.co.uk/shopkits.html
    Make fridge magnets from your nipples with our fantastic casting kit

20. What's wrong with them?