1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Those pesky clear blue tests

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by eread1, Oct 13, 2011.

1. eread1

eread1 New commenter

as far as I knew, a line is a line! congratulations! [​IMG]

2. I had a faint line when I tested only a day or two after my missed period - so faint I sort of thought I was imagining it. Two days later the line was thick and clear -congratulations.

3. Hi Ange,
    When I did my test (although not a clear blue) the second line was very faint but definitely still there, so I retested in the morning and there was no mistaking it then!
    Hope it becomes clearer soon
    Jx

4. trish82

trish82 New commenter

A line is a line...but to be sure, do another tomorrow morning with your first pee. It's extremely difficult to trust one test....i did about 15-20 over the course of that first week (I'd had an early MC in Jan...never made it past 5 weeks so wanted to check to make sure I was 'still' pregnant!)

Congratulations!!!

5. Well I have been to the phamacy and remortgaged our house and bought a twin pack of digital ones. Resisting the urge to test again!
    I have a little boy who is 13 months, I feel similar now to how I did when I was first pregnant with him but a lot more faint. I only had lunch 3 hours ago and I just have to have a snack as I nearly passed out. I'm sure I am imagining it all as it would be pretty unlikely if I was.
    I hate waiting!

6. I had a false positive on clear blue...a line isn't always a line I'm afraid. In my case the line was very thin compared to the control line, and it did disappear after about 15 minutes so the test looked like a BFN. A digital one the next morning was BFN and then two days later I got my period. I think I have read somewhere that clear blue are notorious for this happening - some problem with the dye. Apparently tests that use pink dye (like first response) are better. The next month I got a proper BFP with clear blue which was a very thick, definite line and didn't disappear and the difference between that and what the false positive had looked like was very clear.

7. I'm inclined to agree with you swallowtail, I don't think it was a positive result. I didn't dare do my digital one this morning, I think I'll hang on until tomorrow unless AF shows up. That way I'll be 4 days late and if I am pg it should be a correct result.
    Thanks for all your replies x

8. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I had a BFN when I was 2 days late and like you I just felt pregnant. I tested a few days later with a digital one and it said 'pregnant 1-2 weeks'. Fingers crossed this will happen for you!
    My son was nearly 14 months when I got pregnant with my 2nd. He is now 2 and she is 5 months!

9. Any news? i was in your situation ten weeks ago. I tested using Asda, Tesco, pound world and first response over 2 day and got faint faint lines. Eventually I bought a digital clear blue and got and instant BFP. Good luck.Xxx

10. I am starting to come round to the idea of having 2 little ones. We are getting married in 4 weeks and have decided that if I'm not pregnant now to start ttc after Christmas. I think it's lovely when I see my friend LO's who are 19 months apart, they play so nicely (most of the time) and are really close.
    I bet it's blooming hard work though Chica!

11. I think that any age gap has its challenges. My daughter is 2.6 and I'm 28 weeks pregnant. She is able to run so fast it is impossible for me to catch her! Right now I think it would be easier if she was a little bit younger. I hope you get the result you want.

12. And add on the fact that she doesnt have a nap anymore...

13. Ah thanks. I keep trying to tell myself not to be disappointed if it's bfn but I can't help feeling a bit excited.
    I have loads to look forward to with the wedding and hen night and Christmas, all of which I planned to be a bit tipsy for [​IMG]
    I must be mad, I had pnd with my first that has only recently become manageable and I'm already craving another!

14. Ha ha that is exactly what I was like yesterday!
    Alas AF has arrived so looks like I will be a drunk bride after all! A little disappointed but looking forward now to the wedding and ttc after Christmas. Will hold on to my expensive tests a little longer [​IMG]