1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Those moments when you wonder what the point is

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Moony, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

Kinda had one of those earlier. I'm busy getting a job application done but its for an independant school, and i'm going to have to be very prepared for rejection because my degree isn't 'good' and neither was my undergrad uni a 'good' one. Which does make me wonder what the point is to me having aquired my various qualifications and what happened to the career I was hoping to get when i started my teacher training. I've not long got my confidence back after having a tough time in a school and feeling ready to walk from teaching when Gove et al start out lining how they're going to basically make teaching an unpleasant option.

I think I just need to have a whinge to get things out of my system (unlike the lovely bronchial cough I've got post cold - drs tomorrow). I just want to be able to teach my subject and feel like i'm doing something good not only for myself but for those i teach.

2. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

Kinda had one of those earlier. I'm busy getting a job application done but its for an independant school, and i'm going to have to be very prepared for rejection because my degree isn't 'good' and neither was my undergrad uni a 'good' one. Which does make me wonder what the point is to me having aquired my various qualifications and what happened to the career I was hoping to get when i started my teacher training. I've not long got my confidence back after having a tough time in a school and feeling ready to walk from teaching when Gove et al start out lining how they're going to basically make teaching an unpleasant option.

I think I just need to have a whinge to get things out of my system (unlike the lovely bronchial cough I've got post cold - drs tomorrow). I just want to be able to teach my subject and feel like i'm doing something good not only for myself but for those i teach.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

4. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

*eats chocolate so quickly it looks like she inhaled it*

I am feeling decided less mumpy about things since i posted that.

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Thats good [​IMG] sometimes it just helps to let it all out x

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Hang on to that, that's why you went in to teaching.
    Glad the whinge helped. (I think most of us have had cause to 'rant/whinge/ whatever at some point or another.

7. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

Yeah, been nattering with a friend thats a teacher. And one of the things, as i think i mentioned, is that whilst I do like teaching i'm dreding to think what the antics of gove and the head of ofsted are going to do to education.