1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Those dreaded Safeguarding interview questions

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Boo92, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Boo92

Boo92 New commenter

Hi everyone,
    This is my first time using the site so hopefully I'm not doing this wrong!

I was wondering if anyone has any questions relating to safeguarding children and families that came up in job interviews? Also any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I currently work with children as an early years practitioner as a room leader and I am looking to work with vulnerable children and families (job hunting at the mo)
    And also, yes Safeguarding is an intergral part of my job and I do it every day but I still dread safeguarding questions, scary! :eek:

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

3. missrturner

missrturner Occasional commenter

One top tip is try and find out who the safeguarding officer is, perhaps in your walk around or in correspondence with the school. Sometimes it is the head teacher, other times is is a designated officer. When they ask you these questions you can then refer to the safeguarding officer specifically.

In my experience, I've only ever been asked one or two questions. The first is usually what would I do if I had saw/heard something/a child disclosed information with me. The second was always typically to give an example of how I have dealt with a safeguarding incident.

Hope these help!