1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thorpe Park Tues 2 October, anyone?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by rustybug, Sep 2, 2012.

1. My in-laws read The Sun, and collected the coupons to get free tickets to Thorpe Park. Predictably, it was a bit of a palaver, you had to look at a huge list of dates, presented in blocks of 3-4 days each, and give your 5 favourite blocks. We chose weekend ones, but have been sent 2 tickets for Tuesday 2 October. It's not a tragedy, my eldest daughter took my youngest last week anyway, so it's not as if anyone's heartbroken, but I thought someone on here may be able to make use of them. Reply here and PM me your address if you don't have to go to work on that date, and I'll post them out to you.

2. oggiehurler

oggiehurler New commenter

ebay!!
    or if not
    freecyle!!

3. Yeah well we didn't spend any money to get the tickets so I was thinking Freecycle - but thought I'd give it a couple of days on here first as I know there are people off ill or on supply or looking for work (or even non-teachers, who I know frequent this site!) who may fancy using them. For myself I am coming to realise that the thrill I feel when going on an intense ride is more to do with "I survived without wetting myself or getting hurt" than "Wow, what an amazing experience"!! My youngest had a go on Swarm last week and liked it very much.

4. How kind! We will be in France otherwise ..................

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

My son would use the tickets and he is free on 2 October.