1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

This too shall pass

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by jacobgril, Mar 6, 2019.

1. jacobgril

jacobgril New commenter

I like being a Headteacher but I’m incredibly bored with dealing with parents who are cross. I’m sorry that my decisions upset people but why does it have to take 45 minutes to tell me this...especially when the last 30 minutes of this conversation are spent talking about everything except what you are ‘cross’ about. I sometimes forget that I’m supposed to be dealing in education because I’m thinking more about feeding your children and helping you be a parent.
    I just want to sit with your child and remind him/her that full stops are important and times tables make maths a good bit easier. I have perfected the art of mindfulness.

2. Nowayout

Nowayout New commenter

Urghhhh- feel your pain too. Completely and utterly fed up with it today.

3. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

I am sorry for you both.
    It is not any easy job to do.

4. Nowayout

Nowayout New commenter

And yet again the unpleasantness of some parents have led me to be a grumpy mother on Friday evening with my own children. Happy weekend - not