1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

This time last week we didn't know - now it's over!

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by tennyson, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Phew! Walked in Monday morning, refreshed after the holiday, then - WHAM! Head comes in staff room at morning playtime - "We've had the phone call." They arrived on Wednesday, left on Thursday. Now we all feel wrung out. It seems wrong that people are put under so much stress that they are ill. Nobody wanted to let the school down. What did surprise me was that most teachers only had one, 20 minute, observation upon which a judgement on teaching was made. I'm not making any particular point, just letting off a bit of steam. Anyone had a similar experience?

2. I would agree with this. We actually had a situation where our achievement data is very strong but because they had not observed a high number of outstanding lessons, they were questioning our data!! We very simply made the point that they had observed parts of lessons over a 2 day period whilst that data represents progress over time. We won the argument and were very happy with the outcome! Bemusing though!