1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

This place has become a boring load of twaddle!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Sep 28, 2015.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I have become bored with this new site..it killing my eyes with its whiteness, its still full of imperfections after many goes to get it right. I am now starting to think can I really be bothered to come to the site let along read and reply on it..
    Its so boringly dull.
    Every one is so polite and it seems as if the fear of an 'ofsted ' type threat has affected the posters in that the moderators will wield a big stick and ban one to outer darkness.
    I shall have to see but after all the years I have been on this site I seriously am considering to visit only if I am in the mood,instead of several times a day as i used to do.
    Some might welcome my departure. my computer might........its a good job i can visit Youtube for entertainment....or maybe it time to take up reading.

2. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

I think we're just enjoying the emasculation of the Marxist Mafia and the option of ignoring the trolls, Olds.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Brilliant . . . the withdrawal was getting terrible, I needed a fix of typos SO badly . . .thanks olds, is that a tenner I owe you?

4. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I don't see a problem with everyone being polite to each other. It doesn't necessarily mean that everyone agrees with each other but even disagreements can be polite.

Vince_Ulam and grumpydogwoman like this.
  5. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

We're just settling in, Olds. I'm sure normal service will be resumed before long.
    You didn't like it when we were having a ding-dong and you don't like it now that we're charm personified.
    Post something contentious, then.

6. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

Fear is no basis for an entertaining forum.

7. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

For starters there never was any Marxist mafia, and you still have not learned to spell!

Freedom of speech? "My ars!"

8. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Jacob, what has happened to you?
    You've gone from miserable git to seriously Victor Meldrew with bells on!:mad:

9. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

There have been several comments about people enjoying the increased traffic on here. I have found it much improved. It seems that the worst of the trolls haven't bothered with the place . I see that as a benefit.

ilovesooty likes this.
  10. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

That's a bit harsh, oldy. We always were polite (most of the time) - you're only noticing it now because the stirrers are absent.

Duke of York and bombaysapphire like this.
  11. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I think it's much better Olds, even though I can't yet work half of it. You're being a grumpy oldsome man and it doesn't suit you!

12. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

So far I think it's better.
    More user friendly anyway.

13. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

In a way, it's how I perceive what living in Britain would be like if the tabloids all went bust overnight.

14. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I just wish it wouldn't keep logging me out and I didn't have to keep inputting my password.

15. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Me too!

16. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

@TES_Rosaline ILS is having this issue. Dropping it into your alert box for your attention.

ilovesooty likes this.
  17. BobbyPhilips

BobbyPhilips Established commenter

and the internet was uninvented.

18. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I would miss your posts olds.

19. ElenaMukhina

ElenaMukhina Occasional commenter

It's all fluffy girlie chat better suited to Facebook.

20. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

So @ElenaMukhina which threads have you started to get some serious debate going?

grumpydogwoman likes this.