1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

This new TES set up

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dumpty, Nov 14, 2015.

1. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

TES were roundly critiscised for the last site overhaul and mostly rightly so - but I quite like this version. Loads of reasonably useful gimmicks and easy to navigate.

Yes, good job methinks.

cissy3 and Vince_Ulam like this.
  2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Yes, I find it far better than its previous incarnation.

cissy3 likes this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Yeah I prefer it... took time to mentally adjust but I can't really recall the old set up anymore.

cissy3 likes this.
  4. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I like it too.

My only gripe is that personal seems to have merged with opinion, and I don't like that.

5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

One of the ironies in having the new site is that some of those who moaned loudest about the old site decided to close their accounts when the new one went live.

6. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I don't know Duke. I am here a little more often as this version is far more phone/tablet friendly. The other one was pretty much impossible to use on an iPhone.

sabrinakat likes this.
  7. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

It is much better on a tablet and quicker and easier all round than the previous place which was a mish-mash of concepts combined with a varied approach to managing the whole thing.

cissy3 likes this.
  8. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

This re-hash is a real improvement user-wise. I just miss Opinion.

lexus300 and lanokia like this.
  9. Flere-Imsaho

I don't. I thought I would but it turns out I was wrong.
    It's done wonders in leavening Personal a bit although we still need more posters - new and a few old faces who got fed up with the last regime. I like seeing what people are posting on the other forums too. It makes me more likely to contribute to them.

cissy3 and grumpydogwoman like this.
  10. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I am glad that the shark-filled waters of Opinion no longer exist.

Although there's still some passive-aggressive posting on Personal . . .

There are loads of features that make this pleasant and easy to use, especially if like me you move around a lot and access it from lots of different devices.

People like the Ignore Poster button - I don't use that in case an Ignored Person posts some incorrect advice on the professional advice forums, so that I can point towards the right advice. I have used the Report button for spam and advertising and that seems effective.

It's easy to post pictures, so I shall:

[​IMG]

All in all, it's a very great improvement.

Best wishes

lindenlea and grumpydogwoman like this.
  11. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I'm very keen on it.

lindenlea and cissy3 like this.
  12. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

It's so much easier to use than the old version and feels more inclusive, which I like.

13. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

and it's nice to see lots of posters come back into the fray. :D

14. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

(substitute old bad smart phone!)

Agreed!

15. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

It is now my favourite forum. I thought I'd hate the 'like' button, but I really like it! I keep gong to press 'like' on other forums I visit, and there isn't a like button~!

16. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

That was clumsily expressed. I don't think it allows you to edit more than once, as I just tried to do. Never mind!

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I'm not too fussed about Opinion being gone. Stuff I want to talk about I can still talk about and moving workplace dilemmas up has certainly helped there.

Made me a lot more aware of the sh.it the system is in.

guinnesspuss, cissy3 and RedQuilt like this.
  18. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

There are many things I like but I rarely visit as having to log every time I wish to type a reply is so annoying.

19. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Gosh, yes, @PlymouthMaid ! Have you told @TES_Rosaline about this?

She'll want to know what you are on (laptop, iPad) and what browser, because they have been fixing that problem for other people.

Best wishes

20. Flere-Imsaho

I tried to tag someone on another forum and was really frustrated there was no way to alert people to a message!

cissy3 likes this.