1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

This might belong in an medical forum but thought I'd sse if anyone else suffers from this

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by serenitypolly41, Dec 20, 2018.

1. serenitypolly41

serenitypolly41 Occasional commenter

Hello all, hope you are all well. So in terms of trying to describe this thing, it's all a bit peculiar really.

I dont think its fibromyalgia but it might be connected to the nerves. Or it could be cardiovascular. When I walk a distance, say down the road for around 5 to 10 minutes, I end up getting this burning/prickling sensation in my upper calves. Sometimes I dont get any sensation. I notice a change when it's a warm day or freezing cold.

Its almost like the blood is heating up but the prickling sensation is coming from right inside the skin which can only be alleviated by scratching at my legs through my Jean's or trousers and having to stop walking immediately.

It's like when I come to a complete stop or sit down the prickling sort of melts away very slowly as though my legs are cooling back down.

I dont get this whilst I am asleep. It does not occur anywhere else.

I have a slightly protruding lower disc pressing slightly on to the nerve lining of the spine. I've been told it's very slight so shouldnt cause a problem but could cause a bit of tingling.

The doctor assured me it hasnt slipped and to do some exercises to strengthen my lower back.

I don't understand why I am getting this.

Is there anyone else who gets burning prickling sensation when walking or working out. I am taking gabapentin which is a nerve pain medication.

2. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Go to the doctor. We on here are not experts.

3. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

God luck xxx

4. serenitypolly41

Well that's the whole point. I have and they are about as effective as a chocolate teapot. Just wondered if anyone else suffers from similar.

5. serenitypolly41

I didnt actually claim on here that anyone is an expert. This is a forum. Where people come together to talk, to offer support, to share similar experiences??