1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

This makes me so angry

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Teslasmate, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Teslasmate

Teslasmate Occasional commenter

https://www.tes.com/news/year-accept-teaching-your-job-and-not-your-life

Apparently, the reason for the absurd workload is nothing to so with management randomly inventing initiatives to impress OFSTED and further their own careers. Nor is it related to endless changes with no time given to adapt. Nor is it anything to do with being made to record endless meaningless bits of alleged data. Nor is it the marking load imposed by management despite there being no evidence of marking being in any way useful. It has nothing to do with meetings, 'CPD' sessions or marketing events.

It's because we teachers are refusing to stop working ourselves to death despite the best efforts of our wise leaders. They are desperately telling us to slow down and we are too pig headed to listen to their sage counsel.

2. Pageant

Pageant Occasional commenter

And at the end of the day (which I always dreamed would be no later than 5:00 pm as it was for my o/h who would have choked if he'd ever been expected to take work home) teachers still have to get everything done and juggle plates. Work to rule folks? Anyone dare?

3. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

It's not April 1st is it?? :confused:

Jamvic likes this.
  4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Just ditch the workload? Oh is that all I needed to do?

If only someone had told me... hold on.

Headteacher, yes headteacher, I've decided to prioritise my work life balance and ditch my workload.
    Uh huh yes... uh huh, capability... right yes.

Back to work then.

5. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The unions sold us for a few paltry hundreds lost, now, to below inflation pay rises. Mr Harris isn't going to have an article saying that HTs may be making far too many demands on their workforce.

6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Of course, all you naysayers about an article in TES are examples of the lighthouses the high-hedjins in TES warn about.

7. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

I'm so glad to be retired.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

My bulbs on the blink

racroesus likes this.
  9. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Well, had you all joined me and my like-minded colleagues in ASOSA in September 2012, things may not have reached their current nadir.

It's pretty much an open goal. "Oh, Mr/s Thingy, I just need you to do some extra lessons/duties/parent consultations/planning/resourcing/sweeping the corridor with a broom up yer bum...."

"Yes, right away. You can rely on me."

Don't say it isn't so. It has been ever thus. Doesn't excuse exploitation but it begins to explain how easily some management teams can resort to it.

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I did I did... me me me...

I was driven out three years later... my ''uncooperative attitude'' [following ASOSA] was partly at fault.

Jamvic likes this.
  11. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Christ Almighty. Sorry to blaspheme, except that I think He'd probably agree.

12. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

Rather than just liking your excellent post (which I did) I think that you actually deserve a medal. So here you are - your very own MBE.
    [​IMG][​IMG]Teslasmate MBE

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  13. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

A lack of moral fibre.

Pageant likes this.
  14. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

We all needed to do it together. That's the trouble. :(

ilovesooty and Bedlam3 like this.
  15. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

I found my dad's benemerente medal two day ago. A lovely thing, all yellow and white.He for it for for services to music.

16. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Teachers need more firepower than just numbers but the Unions don't seem to step up to the mark.

17. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

And no, he wasn't a pervert, before the anti-catholics weigh in.

18. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

He is making an assumption that headteachers behave in a similar manner to himself (he was a very well respected headteacher).

19. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

20. helenemdee

helenemdee Occasional commenter

What a lot of "for"s :D