1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

This is how silly Tes censorship is.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Apr 24, 2011.

1. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

that's the worst I've heard, and Im most definitely not a southerner.

2. My Arabic name translates as The handsome man with a thousand camels and a huge ***.

3. Bloody hell , fancy blocking O asis.

4. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

We know typhoo put the t in Britain, we know who put the c*** in Cockermouth, but no one is quite sure about Scunthorpe

5. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

That's because they were foul-mouthed Mancs

6. Agreed. That Liam needs a good blocking.

7. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

When I first came to the UK, I had no idea that *** was sometimes used as a derogatory term.
    Now that I'm adjusted to life in this country, I have come to (sadly) think of *** as a derogatory term rather than the meaning I was brought up with.

8. doomzebra

"Liam and Noel" is an anagram of "tedious songsters"

nearly

9. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

I believe you are relying on old intrepretations of Arabic there, Baubs. If you study the works of Netherfield and Robinson (2005) I think that you will find that a more accurate translation would be " The pretty boy with a dog and a damp patch"

Yours in the search for acedemic truth

HBF

10. doomzebra

but if you study Cross and Blackwell it translates as "may contain nuts"

11. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Sadly as does Bauble and Shifter, but they translate as Chardonnay or Olde and Filfthy please.

12. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Can we have clarification from Gail or Bev on this please. Many of us have never known b int as a derogatory term and even the term b itch is in quite usual language. So why are they, especially b int, censored?