1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

This is England 88

Discussion in 'Personal' started by joli2, Dec 15, 2011.

1. joli2

joli2 New commenter

What a cracking mini series that was. I'm sorry it's finished. Did anyone else catch it?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I caught the first ten minutes or so of one of the episodes and was sufficiently intrigued to turn it off so that I could watch This is England 86 on 4oD so that I would understand the 88 episodes. I'm just watching episode 4 now.

3. joli2

joli2 New commenter

I might watch '86 again - there were some bits of '88 that I didn't get and think I must have missed something.
    Did you watch the original film?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

No - I didn't think it was my cup of tea but having seen the first series I think I'll probably get hold of the film so that I understand the backstory - I've looked at wiki for '86 series so might look up the film...I try to avoid wiki because it has a tendency to tell the whole story.
    Good stuff though.

5. Loved both series and the film! That was my era so I relate to it all - it brings back so many memories because I had friends like that! My sons love it too and ask me loads of questions about what life was like then.