1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Third year the most irritating?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by issor2, Mar 19, 2012.

1. issor2

issor2 New commenter

Does anyone else find Third years to be generally more
    difficult to manage than the younger and older pupils?

2. issor2

issor2 New commenter

Does anyone else find Third years to be generally more
    difficult to manage than the younger and older pupils?

3. They're at the age that they've not quite 'got' it about what's required in terms of effort and application.

Fear not, CfE will fix all our woes.

4. In North America, "third year" is Grade Nine. Yeesh. No matter what country they're in, Grade Nines are notoriously difficult. The zoo year, one of my colleagues called it. Another opined that Grade Nines should all be ferried out to offshore islands and left to fend for themselves until they reached Grade Ten. Horrible age for them and us, all raging hormones.....(Yes, Ah remember eet well....don't you? [​IMG] )

5. I think it depends on individual classes and if you've taught them before. S3 tends to be all change at the moment because they choose subjects so when they're all mixed up with new classmates, new teachers and no idea of expectations.

6. issor2

issor2 New commenter

I've been teaching a few years now and I realised today that I have always found
    Third Years to be a tricky bunch. There are some who are very mature and others who are wired
    the moon!