1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Third time lucky?? in a tricky situation and need to know if there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MissToDo, Jul 3, 2015.

1. MissToDo

MissToDo New commenter

Hi everyone, would really appreciate hearing your stories and any words of wisdom... I left my last school at Christmas after being there as an NQT, then a full year and Sep-Dec after that. There were issues with the SLT and it was a horrible place to be. I then started at my new school in January and all was fine until this half term when we are expecting Ofsted any day (currently academy from being Special Measures school) and I've had some health issues that has made me have a few days off and needing to call on colleagues to cover my class for a few minutes at times. Anyway, it's all gone terribly and they are really pushing me out mainly by calling into question my teaching ability (was good and outstanding before) which was never an issue at my previous school.

I guess I just want to know is there hope of light at the end of the tunnel? Both schools were very small and cliquey so I really want to look for a two form entry. I feel like giving up right now, I feel useless!

2. Spitfire948

Spitfire948 New commenter

Sadly, this is a common situation. It will only get worse. Get out ASAP!

3. smiley786

smiley786 New commenter

I agree. Get out asap.