1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Third class honours, please help!

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by Jaraka17, Jul 31, 2011.

1. I just graduated from uni but got a third class in Fashion,Design and Enteprise. I have always wanted to be a teacher but I am starting to lose hope as I know it is not a good degree and scared no uni willl even call me for an inteview let alone accept me for a PGCE in Art and Design. I really think I choose the wrong uni to study and I have lost conidence in my self. Is there another route I can try whilst I still apply for my PGCE. Please help me.

2. I just graduated from uni but got a third class in Fashion,Design and Enteprise. I have always wanted to be a teacher but I am starting to lose hope as I know it is not a good degree and scared no uni willl even call me for an inteview let alone accept me for a PGCE in Art and Design. I really think I choose the wrong uni to study and I have lost conidence in my self. Is there another route I can try whilst I still apply for my PGCE. Please help me.

3. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

That's true about a 3rd not getting you onto a PGCE.
    Have you researched GTP Graduate Teacher Programme requirements?

4. Hi,

I am starting my GTP in September and I think from then the requirements are that you need a 2.2 or above to go onto Teacher Training. I believe this is a requirement stated by the new government. There are so many routes into teaching so there might be a way, the TDA site is useful and has people you can contact about this. I got my degree whilst working as a Teaching Assistant doing one day at uni, maybe you could re take the BA hons year with your credits? not sure if you can? Hope this helps