1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

thinking of working in australia info please

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by pipper_ray, Jun 19, 2011.

1. hi can anyone offer me any help or information im thinking of working in Australia i've been teaching in the uk for 5 years. To work in australia do i have to have a special qualification? does anyone know how i would go about it or where i can find out about teaching abroad.
    Thanks

2. hi can anyone offer me any help or information im thinking of working in Australia i've been teaching in the uk for 5 years. To work in australia do i have to have a special qualification? does anyone know how i would go about it or where i can find out about teaching abroad.
    Thanks

3. Hi pipper,
    I have just moved from Australia to Uk. What would you like to know? If you have Bachelor and teacher training and GTP you will be fine. Depends what state you are going to what you need to do. Let me know and I will see if I can help you out.
    E

4. hi it will be sydney area, just want to know how to go about it my partners got residency and need to go back for 2 years to get citizenship so want me to go to. i have a degree and a pgce and been teaching 5 years. what did you have to do before you moved?
    thanks for your help