1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of teaching in Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by abbieclark248, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Powergnome3

Powergnome3 Occasional commenter

The ‘East Sussex’ is BCAD.
    Mr Frosty is spot on with most things, as normal.
    Personally, the Derbyshire school on Reem still has a lot to prove though.
    Smarty building schools... yuck!
    The best schools are the best for a reason - high expectations, but just rewards. Amazing places to work.

Mr_Frosty likes this.
  2. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Established commenter

I have to admit I don't know anyone who works at the Reem school, but one of my non-reacting friends was telling me they met someone that did and they said only good things. But then again, I suspect things would have to be pretty bad before they admitted it publicly - people would be quick to assume you're the problem rather than the school I imagine.

Powergnome3 likes this.
  3. steluta

steluta New commenter

As far as I know the company which owns the school on Reem is not that great, and their Dubai schools are not what they used to be. Not in the same league as the 3 mentioned schools, the academies and BISAD are also better in my opinion. Other people might disagree of course...

4. billybookcase

billybookcase New commenter

A friend of mine works for a great expanding school in Dubai so if anyone is looking for a future position please let me know.