1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking ahead! Y6 end of year/summer production ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ShyTea, Feb 16, 2011.

1. The deputy has asked that I take charge of the Y6 (and some Y5) summer musical production, so I am thinking ahead.
    I have no idea where to start. It needs to be about an hour long. I am thinking it has to be fairly lively and modern (I did think of Oliver but think i'd struggle getting the boys interested due to some of the songs involved).

Any ideas appreciated :)

2. The deputy has asked that I take charge of the Y6 (and some Y5) summer musical production, so I am thinking ahead.
    I have no idea where to start. It needs to be about an hour long. I am thinking it has to be fairly lively and modern (I did think of Oliver but think i'd struggle getting the boys interested due to some of the songs involved).

Any ideas appreciated :)

3. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

My old schol did Bugsy Malone and had no problem with the (usually too cool for school) boys getting enthused!

4. Have a look at Edgy Productions....

5. Thanks just found Edgy and had a look, I like the look of School Daze (im going to discuss it with the children tomorrow) I love the idea of Bugsy Malone but struggling to find a script.

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

7. marlin

Sorry - should have said - this directs you to the Boosey & Hawkes site. You may need to go to Warner Chappell to purchase. (Follow links on Boosey site) You will have to pay for a licence and there are rules to follow about the performance.

8. Thanks - i've gone through the site and had a look. I'm going to run it past the kids tomorrow - I just think it might be a little ambitious lol (not sure my nerves will hold out lol)

9. marlin

I did it with Year 8 pupils and had an adult band to play the music.

10. marlin

11. I am trying to find Bugsy Malone script - any ideas where to find it? I have a book but I want a Primary School version that doesn't go on for hours! Thanks