1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking about your new class

Discussion in 'Primary' started by AnnaCarmel, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Do you mean new class in September?

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

ha ha, well, usually about 1st September but if you're mega organised, then think about it the last two weeks before you break up in July.
    Good luck in your career

3. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

Yeah new class in September :)

4. First day back for me too! Ha ha!

Really though, curriculum maps are being done now, trips for first term I'll book in July, support staff usually sort books and I might ask my TA to label them in the last week of summer or first day back. My pre-topic assessment will be done on change-over day in July - when the kids visit their new classroom and I already have resources for my first topic as I did it last Sept. Other than that, the first few days in September will be spent getting to know the children and doing assessments.
    Bear in mind - if Heads are going to move staff into different year groups, it is unlikely that they will have made those decisions yet.

5. Hi TEACHER16, It has been common practice in the last two schools that I have been in to go into school during the summer holidays to get things ready and set up including, arranging furniture, organising and labelling books, preparing displays, labellings drawers etc. I know this is 'holiday' time but I find it easier to know that it is all done and out the way asap and then enjoy the hols!!
    If you want any display ideas then pop along to The Instant Classroom - we're now on facebook and have lots of things you may find useful. We have a really nice Getting to Know Me Class Resource pack which is brilliant for the first week or term!!
    [​IMG]
    If you join our facebook page you can stay updated with our posts of newly added items, freebies and special offers and exclusive facebook give aways. Add your comments and suggestions and show us what you "Like" by clicking away!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Instant-Classroom/206744966014654#!/pages/The-Instant-Classroom/206744966014654
    Hope this helps :)