1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking about teaching maths but have a quick question

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Jonny_H, May 28, 2011.

1. Jonny_H

Jonny_H New commenter

Hi everyone

I'm thinking about training to be a mathematics teachers but unfortunately do not have maths A level or a degree in the subject (even though my degree was in finance and was maths intensive). I have a real passion for the subject but realise that I will have to do a maths knowledge enhancement course prior to studying for my PGCE.

Would this course from the OU suitable to go straight into a maths PGCE instead of doing the enhancement course?

http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/qualification/e07.htm#description

Many thanks

Jon

2. As above. Each and every provider will rtake people on many different criteria.
    Do not phone the TDA for advice though. Pick up the phone and try and make an appointment with a local PGSE (or GTP) provider. Given the circumstances GTP may be a better bet.
    Once again, dont go by generic guidlelines