1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Things You Would Never Hear A Supply Teacher Say

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Gold1996, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ultimatedingbat

ultimatedingbat Occasional commenter

True, however I refuse to be paid as an NQT as a 'cost saving' exercise when I don't believe that's why the agency are advertising as such. I reckon it's to kjeep their margin up

bonnie1 likes this.
  2. Deirds

Deirds Established commenter

Yes, of course. I can see exactly why you think a Mancunian accent is exactly the same as a Liverpudlian accent.

Yes, anywhere 2 miles north of the M25 is the same place...

Yes, I can move my car and find a new parking space, avoiding the swarms of teenagers crowding round, navigate my way out of the labyrinth of the school, search the surrounding area full of yellow lines, get back to the school, find the one available space all within the 2 minutes you've allocated me. Why does it matter I've never been here before?

Of course I'd like to drive 30 miles back to the school with rubbish cover work, little parking, dreadfully behaved teenagers, the rude , sarcastic cover manager and be a Cover Supervisor for £50....

pepper5, Alldone and PizzoCalabro like this.
  3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

To the HT

"You know what mate, your school is a pile of S*** and your pupils would not be out of place in a safari park"

wicked4u2, pepper5, bonnie1 and 2 others like this.
  4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

To the Cover Manager

"Have you always been a blonde ?"

pepper5 and bonnie1 like this.
  5. Boba Fett

Boba Fett New commenter

Im not a teacher, I'm a professional supply cover body but I especially love pretending to be a teacher ....really love it

pepper5 and les25paul like this.
  6. Boba Fett

Boba Fett New commenter

To the agency.
    Can I teach Science? But I've told you every week for 17 years....Im an art teacher! What? So can I teach Design Tech for the Summer term? Food Tech and Resistant Materials.....of course. Thanks!

pepper5, Lara mfl 05 and les25paul like this.
  7. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

This is a funny thread and I'm pleased to see it back.

Something I could have said today.

"I do believe you when you say that Sir normally lets you watch You-Tube videos instead of working and that you can leave 10 minutes early today because Sir said you were good last lesson"

pepper5, Boba Fett and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  8. Boba Fett

Boba Fett New commenter

To the cover manager.
    Please can I have nothing but difficult classes today, I'm bored! Ideally drama, music, RE or Resistant Materials or any class where its normally disorganised chaos, something I can really get my teeth into. The antidepressants are really beginning to kick in....

9. peakster

peakster Star commenter

"Does anyone want my parking space ?"

pepper5, Boba Fett and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  10. peakster

peakster Star commenter

"Guess how much marking I'm doing this evening guys ?"

"Give up - none at all"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

"Enjoy the PSHE Day - I'm having a lie in"

pepper5 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  12. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

It's ok, I love the fact work is thin on the ground. Gives me time to get creative with the half bag of pasta, tin of beans and other odds and ends in the cupboard for the next fortnights food.

13. Boba Fett

Boba Fett New commenter

To the Agency
    What there's no work today? Way to go super education salesperson. Look, I know you guys work hard to milk the nearest edu cash cow only for only our benefit, but today its all dried up. Don't feel bad, I wont take it personally, not all is lost whilst Im sat here waiting Ive taken the opportunity to shave my ear hairs, pick lint from my belly button and buff my shoes with it.

pepper5 likes this.
  14. bounceback

bounceback New commenter

To the TA:

" Thank you for moving the child with behavioural problems from her individual work station where she was happily getting on with her work so that you could sit there to hear readers. No, no, don't get up, I'll go and sort out the problem now that she is disrupting the group of children you have sat her with."

pepper5 likes this.
  15. steviepal

steviepal New commenter

I'm working so much at the moment. I just need a day or two off.

pepper5 likes this.
  16. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Is there any paper in this room that looks like it hasn't been cleaned/tidied for 10 years?

You know...that stuff with lines on it that students write on.

wicked4u2 likes this.