1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Things you have achieved in school

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, May 12, 2011.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

no ideas im afraid but im also interested in any ideas. Had the question 'what have you achieved at school' in an interview and i froze. As an NQT, i know what ive done, but am unsure as to what ive achieved. How would you answer that question?

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I have some ideas of interesting and exciting things I've done, but not any that you have.

Look back over the year and remember what you have enjoyed a lot. Use those things as your basis.

3. Do you run a club? The school website? Any initiatives you've brought in (or had a hand in)? Think of how your skills can be transferable to the prospective school. Somebody once told me to consider 'what you can do for the school, not what the school can do for you'. Although I'm assuming as you've already decided to apply for the job the school will be able to do plenty for you!

4. Think about a great lesson you planned/delivered and followed on. What did chn achieve how did it further their learning challenge them etc...
    Maybe you adapted behaviour management techniques to accomodate a particular learning need. Examined a specific area of learning eg ICT and incorporated in chns learning....
    Embelish anything that may should slightly impressive! Good luck!