1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Things you find in unwashed pots....

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by henriette, Mar 16, 2012.

1. henriette

henriette New commenter

??????????????
    where are you?

2. Sorry... in Oz!! [​IMG]

3. After screaming..... as it gave me a bit of a fright....... I took the pan, and tipped it outside..... the wee gecko seemed fine, and scuttled off... I think I got more of a fright than he did!

4. Must be a week forlizardy things!
    I ventured down in to the cellar looking for a bin bag of material. Got half way through emptying it when something moved.... I screeched blue murder, no-one but me home. It moved again.... it was a newt!
    We have palmate newts in the cellar and this one hitched a ride upstairs. I picked it up and ventured back down the rickety ladder and left it in a dark damp space!

5. We're 11 hours ahead.... so if I post before work at 6 a.m it's 7pm in the evening for you...
    And if I post when dinner is simmering at 6.30 - 7.30 pm... you're logging on in the morning. It works out rather well!
    When the clocks change we're nine hours ahead.. so 6 a.m will be 9pm for you.....
    I'm Scottish, and phone home a lot, so i always know exactly what time it is in the UK! [​IMG]

6. Oh... sometimes I do post in the middle of the night if i can't sleep......which causes some confusion!

7. the evil tokoloshe

the evil tokoloshe New commenter

Had that a few times when clearing out cupboards. Same with house spiders (about 8cm diameter flat spiders that don't seem to harm anyone. The other night my folks popped in and accidentally brought a new pet in the form of a giant moth (about 15cm wingspan). It disappeared into the flat and only resurfaced at about 1am - wouldn't have bothered me too much but they don't have the greatest sense of direction so it bounced off every wall and the ceiling as it tried to find a way out. Eventually got up and let it out the front door.
    Best wildlife battle I ever saw was between a 3 inch long gecko on a wall and a giant moth - the gecko won but the moth almost had him off the wall twice, like watching cartoons.