1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Things you failed to get done over summer

Discussion in 'Personal' started by robyn147, Sep 4, 2012.

1. My tax return. It would have been so easy.Would have been done and dusted way before January deadline.
    But no. It's still there. And no doubt it will get done in next couple of months. But why did I not do it over summer when had the perfect chance?
    And the garden. Mind you, it's small and looks low maintance.
    But I did lose a few kilograms because I did lots of exercise. In fact, off for a bike ride now. Tax return can wait.

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

My presentation for school this Friday.
    Sorting out my all my SoW .
    Lose weight.
    Sort out the claim for nursing home fees for my late Dad (on top of to do list now).
    Sort out my wardrobe.
    Use the gym.

3. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Everything

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Anything

5. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Doctors...again. I've been meaning to go for some minor complaints for the last 3 holidays!
    On the positive side I have finally managed to sort the paperwork from the last 3 summers to do jobs, even though I only shoved the right things into the front of the right files as I couldnt find the hole punch. Have since found the hole punch so will finish the job next summer. Promise![​IMG]
    Any school work including rejigging new planning and assessment format. Plan to do that in my first PPA.
    Get my hair cut before going back to school.

6. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

a tan, grow some vegetables, have a holiday, decorate part of the house

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Ow, just shu' apppp!
    [​IMG]

8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

do i really have to remember all i didnt do.i might get depression again!

9. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

Clean the kitchen floor...

10. oh yes!!!!!!! [​IMG]

11. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

Finish my decorating - I hate decorating! Trouble is I hate myself even more for not cracking on with it - painting and glossing only. The half finished product is there all the time to remind me. Target - two hours per weekend (small steps!!!) will finish it in no time. I need to stop hoping someone else will do it and get on with it!
    [​IMG]

12. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

So many things I couldn't even list them all... When I think back over the last 3 weeks, I actually struggle to remember what I DID do! I think I was on the sofa in a trance eating and watching rubbish tv, but I can't actually remember!

13. Welcome to retirement: you will enjoy it!

14. I failed to:
    Plan
    Make resources
    Panic like mad about school

Am enjoying my new non-teaching job though so don't suppose it really matters :D

15. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

16. oggiehurler

oggiehurler New commenter

Painting the downstairs toilet - the room not the actual toilet....
    It had brown walls, it now has slightly less brown walls. It is like painting the Forth Road Bridge not a sodding toilet!!
    Need to get it done soon as landlord due an inspection visit!!!

17. The summer holidays already seem like a distant memory! I failed to get a suntan, kept meaning to get round to it, but I couldn't find the sun.

18. As I have no summer holidays, I have to get things done during the year, whilst wrestling a full time job.
    You should all be ashamed [​IMG]

19. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I dumped my school bag in the spare bedroom on the last day of term and it's still there, full of detritus. I don't know when I shall get round to emptying it....when I get the supply call, I suppose.

20. we are! we are!