1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Things to be thankful for.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impulce, Feb 15, 2011.

1. I had a rather worrying evening last night as a colleague had been in a car accident on the way home from work, and we were unsure how she was. Luckily she was allowed home from hospital a few hours later with whiplash, and cuts to her face but was a very very lucky lady.
    She is my age, and it got me thinking about those things that we take for granted, and should really be thankful for and appreciative of every day.
    My things to be thankful for:
    - Wonderful parents, who have been there for me my whole life.
    - An OH whom has become part of me, who I laugh and smile with every day.
    - My two beautiful moggies!
    - A good career.
    - Good health.
    Its human nature to think about what we haven't got, and I think its about time I started focussing on what I HAVE got.
    Feel free to add your own!

2. I haven't got cancer. [​IMG]
    Cor it takes ages to dislodge the feelgood factor about that. I think of it every morning.

3. That's easy- my list is exactly the same as yours [​IMG]

4. List is the same as yours as well

I am also thankful for Simon's Cat :)

5. However I am not thankful for google chrome!

6. joli2

joli2 New commenter

I have a match for my bone marrow transplant.

7. I am very thankful that I have a good life, despite its ups and downs.
    I have never had to live under a bridge, spend a night in prison or (so far) worry about my health.
    I am post 40 and still look like a mid 30. That is something to be thankful for.
    I earn good money. I can pay my bills.
    I have a wonderful family.
    I have two gorgeous, well-behaved (haha, mostly) kids.
    I have a job I love. I have lovely colleagues.
    I have great friends.
    I have never starved.
    My figure is ok for my age.
    I am contented with what I have, but ambitious enough to keep going and try for more.
    I am old enough and contented enough to not be disappointed that I may not achieve what I aim for.
    I reckon my life is just fine.
    Wouldn't say no to a lottery win though, of course.

8. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

9. joli, that is wonderful news xxx

10. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

was for joli,
    not read CQs post yet

11. Everything. But right now, a warm fire on a cold night and the joy of watching the cat and the dog manoeuvring for the warmest position in front of it.

12. anon468

anon468 New commenter

joli, that is <u>the</u> best news. [​IMG] < my first smile of the week
    My very best good wishes to you.

13. joli2

joli2 New commenter

Thanks, a bit scary though....20 days to go

14. I'm so happy for you Joli. What are the chances of a match, just out of interest? My brother and I put ourselves forward as donors twenty years ago now, and although he got matched up almost immediately, it was just the once, and no-one's ever required any of my quality product!

15. That's me blubbing at Joli's news.
    I am really happy to hear this Joli.

16. anon468

anon468 New commenter

You have the courage of a lion, joli!

17. joli2

joli2 New commenter

It's a sibling match so maybe not so miraculous, but still only a 1 in 4 chance so was a bit of a nail-biting wait for results.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Thrilled for you, joli - and it's the kind of news that puts all the trivial stuff in perspective.
    I have a few things going rather well at the moment too.

19. I do this ALL the time, otherwise I'd spend my days crying and bemoaning my lot! [​IMG]
    I have loads to be grateful for...loads. I have no money and dodgy health but other than that life is OK, and I am so glad it is. Have some miserable years/times and you learn to appreciate all the good times, even mundane very ordinary ones.

20. Joli...that is <u>such</u> good news! Everything else must pale in comparison. I am very happy for you and hope your treatment goes well. x x