Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.
Don't forget to look at the how to guide.
Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Mar 20, 2011.
28 Sixth has an x in it.
29 Fifth has two fs in it.
30 alot is a word
Not everyone can be a teacher! Just because you have children and fancy the long holidays doesn't mean that you will necessarily be suited to the job.
Och sorry, I can't remember the number that's supposed to be.
31: When you are turning left at a roundabout you get in the left lane, and in the right line for turning right. NOT the other way round. I think most people on my journey home seem to have forgotten this
32. No. Jeggings aren't 'slimming'. Especially not when worn with a short top.
*claws eyes out to get rid of the image*
32: Cricket belongs on BBC2
33. Borrow and lend don't mean the same thing
34, Brought and bought don't mean the same thing
35. Describing yourself as 'bubbly' doesn't automatically make you interesting or fun
...hmm.. this is turning into a list of my personal dislikes. Is that acceptable?
36. There's only one beautiful baby and every mother has it.
37. Lists of personal dislikes are as valid as anything else on this thread
38. Room temperature (for wine) means a bit warmer than a cold cellar, NOT 25 degrees above freezing
Oh, I'm definitely with you on 38!!
39. Eating from someone else's plate, or standing up to eat, mean that the food is calorie-free (well, Chris Evans says so!)
40. You do not spell LOSE - LOOSE. They are different words!
41. Unique cannot be quantified, it cannot be so unique, very unique, a little unique. If it is unique it is just that, unique
42. The same with 'gutted'. You cannot be a 'bit gutted'.
43. Also you did not have 'flu you had a bad cold.
Bit gutted is nothing compared to proper gutted - hung, drawn, giblets fed to dogs, quartered, decapitated, head on spike and eyes eaten by crows, parts nailed to the battlements around the country and your estates taken by the king.
Justice ain't what it used to be.
'well gutted' - is it a distinct outcome from 'gutted' or does it refer to the methodology employed in committing the gutting?
44. meeting a black person doesn't automayically mean you have to tell them you're into Bob Marley.
44. made me laugh