1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Things I really don't like in my mouth!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Great - I love eating pineapple and now I discover it is actually eating me.

2. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I'm assuming your gums etc grow back after the pineapple has eaten a chunk of them? lol (Well.... I hope so anyway or that is even worse news!)

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I ordered a pineapple fritter from the chip shop [​IMG]
    I don't care - let the pineapple take my gums. It tastes too good to give it up!

4. Semolina pudding. The rank, sloppy frog spawn stuff they used to dish out at school (in the 70s) and try to dress up with dollop of "jam". Just thinking about it is making me gag.

5. ah yes, forgot about that "joy".
    Like wallpaper paste.

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Cooked pineapple doesn't have the same effect, as the heat denatures the protease. Tinned pineapple is 'cooked' in the tin, so also has no active protease.
    You have to eat loads of fresh pineapple every day for your teeth to fall out. Happens to people who live in hot places where pineapples are grown and eaten daily.

7. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

cant you change the thread to things i like to have in my mouth..i can be more positive about that! lol

8. I can't stand anything wooden in my mouth....so ice cream on wooden sticks is unbearable. The mere sight of anyone else eating one makes little unpleasant shivers run up and down my spine and i come out in goosebumps! Dental implements make me want to throw up ........I'm a dentist's worse nightmare!

9. Went to a snail farm on a trip to France with the school about two years ago. After the tour, amongst other snail "products", we were offered snail pate, which was cold and grey and shiny in places - extremely unappetising! I have eaten snails in garlic butter but I reckon if it's the garlic effect you're after you might as well stick to mushrooms. Much nicer!

10. bizent

bizent Star commenter

I tried a bit of scallop once - it was "perfectly cooked" - I almost projectile vomited there in the restaurant!!

11. We had lamb shanks for dinner yesterday. I love lamb - but as a non fat eater (ie: lean, lean meat only) who accidentally put some slimy lamb fat in her mouth yesterday, I have just discovered something that I find revolting in my mouth. Ugh....I had to spit it out. No way could I have swallowed it.
    I also hate the hard crunchy bit I get when I am chewing that tells me yet again a part of one of my back teeth has broken off! Grrrr. My teeth seem to be crumbling.
    I too hate dentists implements in my mouth.....especially the sharp spikey one he uses during check-ups to dig into fillings.

12. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I had a bite of a bake-feat yesterday (inspired by the BBC series) and really wish I hated the following in my mouth:
    Fresh bakes scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream
    Homemade sausage rolls
    Victoria sponge with eggs from my own chickens.
    Sadly I have to report I did NOT hate these in my mouth and have just <strike>scoffed </strike>tested an extra portion of each when I got home from work.
    My thighs will hate me for that [​IMG]