1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Things I really don't like in my mouth!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Jan 29, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

No....not a pervy thread!
    I was just thinking, as someone who eats almost anything (marmite or peanut butter sarnies being about all that is on my dislike list) there are a few things that make me wretch when I find them in my mouth.
    Totally illogical but if I crunch on a citrus pip from an orange, grapefruit or similar, I feel physically sick. Also grape pips.
    No reason really but that makes me feel quite ill!
    Yet I'll happily (very happily) slurp on an oyster or eat liver and kidneys, scoff an entire plate of soft-sheeld crabs (legs, shell, guts and all), like my steak so blue it is still breathing and cannot think of a single fruit or veg I don't like (it's the pips not the fruit).
    I try to avoid pips in citrus fruit and grapes, by now and again one of the pesky little fukcers slips past my radar and..............crunch [​IMG]
    Anyone else have an illogical response to something quite harmless?

2. Milk - even the sight of it in someone else's mouth is enough to make me feel ill!

3. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Milk? Best not watch 'Alien'
    [​IMG]

4. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Like Belle there is very little that I won't eat (agree on the steak - the bluer the better!). However, mushrooms make me vomit. If mushrooms have been in the same pan as what I'm eating (like ragu, for example) I'm physically sick.

5. Bananas. Horrible, slimey, vile smelling things.[​IMG]

6. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

I can't bear to eat under or over ripe bananas. Love bananas but only at a very specific point of ripeness!!

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I hate things like raw carrots and celery that stay in your mouth forever once you start chewing them. I love carrot juice though.

8. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Consider swallowing.

9. Homophones, eh? What a nuisance.

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Fishbones, if I am eating fish, rare but it does happen, I am almost physically sick if I get a bone in my mouth.

11. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

I simply refuse to let wretches near my mouth.
    Nor

12. No rapscallions? I'll bet you don't have a problem with rascals, though.

13. magic surf bus

Haha. The problem is they end up in a dry fibrous lump that doesn't feel like it'll go down. I can't be ***** eating either of them any more - way too much effort. I burn more calories chewing them than I gain from digesting them.

14. magic surf bus

So your're OK with poltroons and fakirs then?

15. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

16. The fatter the better!

17. Raw tomatoes.
    I can cope with anything else, even stuff I dislike.
    But my idea of torture is to have a raw tomato in my mouth.

18. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Flesh. Animal flesh.

19. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

*Snigger* [​IMG]
    This was not meant to be a smutty thread! lol!

20. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Mackerel canned in oil.....I had quite severe food poisoning from some, many years ago and my brain still tells me it is not to be eaten - ever!
    Olives....aka food of satan
    Snails....even writing and thinking about it....gross!