1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Things I have found out this Easter

Discussion in 'Personal' started by missrain, Apr 12, 2012.

1. 1. I don't like nestle Easter eggs, cadburys all the way. Def not cheap chocolate.

2, Easter bank holiday Includes lots of bad press and teacher bashing from the press And tv due to the union conferences.

3. Never buy full price clothes in Dorothy perkins.

4. The kindle is just way to easy to buy books I need to stop!

5. It never rains it pours!

Anybody else?

2. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I prefer Green & Black's chocolate, but will eat Cadbury's and Thornton's if pushed (not very hard.)
    Justify books for the Kindle by buying free ones - there are loads. If not free, then lots more at less than £1. When you factor in the cost of time, petrol to fo to the library, it's way cheaper!
    Go to the sales in White Stuff - nice knitwear, much cheaper than normal.
    The other thing I found out this Easter is that it's easy to get the bus to a good local shopping centre fairly near us - much easier than taking the car. I don't usually do buses, but it was quite convenient.

3. Agree about shopping public transport all the way, No hassle of parking, petrol, and parking charges!! Also, is it me but are most the free books on kindle american??

4. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

There are classics on Kindle that are free or 99p or £1.99. Still good value, I think and less hassle than a trip to the library.

5. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I have bought some shockingly bad cheap books for my kindle! But I find it very difficult to not complete the book because I have paid for it even if its 99p.

6. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Well today I learned, amongst a myriad of other facts whilst on a guided walk around Westminster this afternoon, that Charles 1st was the last monarch to step foot in the Commons, and that women in Switzerland did not get the vote until 1971!
    I still can't quite believe that last bit.

7. No I can't believe the last bit either,makes you think how lucky we are. Sounds like a fab day,I love a bit of History.

8. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Yes, it was fascinating - really enjoyable. I always said to myself that once my children were off my hands I'd like to spend some time getting to know my home town a little better. We do tend to visit elsewhere and neglect our home environs, don't we? The guides on these tours are a mine of information, and it is like having a mobile history lecture. I'd recommend it to anyone visiting London.