1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

They grow up so fast...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Nov 13, 2019.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Go on. Let's see your baby photos!

Gotta say. I'm not a baby-fan but she was quite sweet.

That's nothing. My two are 31 and less than 2 weeks away from rising 30!

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

My granddaughter is nearly as tall as her mum and is definitely on her way to being grown up (at 10), while her brother is still a little lad (7). Saw our younger boy yesterday (38) and took him for lunch. Wearing a v cool leather jacket - a bit Marlon Brando. (Just googled Marlon Brando's leather jacket - he was so beautiful!)

4. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

That’s a real work of art. Fantastic!
    I wish I had one of those for my daughters!

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  5. grumpydogwoman

We were all babies once! It's nature's way.

My grandson and I watch Supervet together and discuss canine anatomy and veterinary surgery. He's 11. I love it!

Granddaughter (8) then scolds my neighbour (aged 78) for not closing the kitchen door. "You can't leave that open. The dogs are dirty and they'll get in the living room. You have to keep it closed."

Yep. They grow up alright!

Norsemaid likes this.
  6. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

My granddaughter is way taller than me and my grandson rapidly approaching.

I can plank longer than them though. :D

lindenlea and Norsemaid like this.
  7. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

I don't suppose any of you remember but I posted some photos of my granddaughter last year and some (insert insult here) started being nasty and got the thread blocked. So I'm not joining in. She is just over a year now, and cute as hell, and I appreciate the little mite.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

A sketch done by a street artist... my mum always told me the guy in front of us in the queue was William Shakespeare...

9. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I do and she was cute. I.assume she still is.

My gremlin child is 22. I'm still just taller, which annoys her. Mwa ha ha. It hasn't felt particularly fast watching her grow up in real time.

10. grumpydogwoman

No. It hasn't felt fast to me either.

monicabilongame likes this.
  11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sorry the thread title was a play on 20 years passing in 5 minutes...

12. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Senior commenter

Oh no ! That's just grim . I wondered where the thread had got to . Your granddaughter was and I'm assuming still is very cute and had a lovely smile .
    It was a heartwarming thread and much needed and I'm so very sorry it was trashed .

13. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Thanks for that. I remember earlier vidoes of Lotte. Her father extends it every few years as she gets older (her brother Vince too).

14. LondonCanary

I think posting pictures of young children is against Ts&Cs, like with other media (who normally blur/pixellate faces)

15. peakster

peakster Star commenter

My Daughter is in her early 20s now and works in London - doing a job that I know I couldn't do.

It seems like 5 minutes ago I was pushing her round the streets of my home city in a push chair.

agathamorse likes this.
  16. LondonCanary

I think that is a big development milestone, when they can do/are qualified to do something you can't.

agathamorse likes this.
  17. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I got that. It just made me think about all the it goes so fast comments you hear and think whether I agreed. The changes hit home when you watch it in five minutes though!

agathamorse and lanokia like this.
  18. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I couldn't deal with what my Daughter has to do on a daily basis.

However - she was born to do the job she does and she loves every minute of it despite the stress and the long hours she works.

agathamorse likes this.