1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"These were the days of our lives"

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Jun 1, 2011.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Did anyone see that "Queen" documentary earlier in the week? I've watched stuff about them before but this one had such good interviews with Brian May and Roger Taylor. I love the song "Days of our lives" and the film of Freddy Mercury recording it was so sad. I know he behaved like a total idiot not looking after himself but he was such a fantastic entertainer. It made me cry on Monday and it's stayed with me.

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I was a big Queen fan in my youth and saw them live twice - once at the free concert in Hyde Park in 1976 (just before I first went up to university - what a summer that was) and the following year at Liverpool Empire. The latter was amazing - seeing a band like Queen in a relatively small venue. Freddie had the biggest personality I've ever seen on stage - he beat even Elton John for live charisma. A sad loss.

3. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Back to personal taste/choice again. Not wishing to "diss" your personal appreciation, but MY personal appreciation was that they left me utterly cold. I thought "Bohemian Rhapsody" was the biggest pile of pretentious **** I had heard up to that point (beating Mike Oldfield which took some doing), and never liked anything they did. Obviously their music was appreciated by many, but not me. I am not asking to be attacked on here for Philistinism (if there is such a word), I am just saying other people had/have different views, and Queen were not for me.

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

That's fair enough, Jacob. We can't all share the same tastes.