1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

There's a balminess in the air today...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nizebaby, Apr 18, 2019.

1. nizebaby

nizebaby Lead commenter

The wood pigeons are cooing alongside all the songbirds. I can hear children in the park. The scent of bluebells is in the air, my fruit trees are in blossom and there are bees!

The balminess is different, though. The air feels and smells softer. All the lovely sprng yellow and purple flowers are trying their best. Hell, we could get snow next week, bit it wouldn't be able to steal this beautiful day from us.

2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Had a lovely outdoor swim earlier and now sitting reading The Lido in the garden with a glass of champagne. This is as good as it gets.

nizebaby likes this.
  3. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

Pushing 20 degrees here on NE Scotland coast. Just been sitting on the beach. Happy days!

needabreak, smoothnewt and nizebaby like this.
  4. nizebaby

nizebaby Lead commenter

The air smells of spring, doesn't it? Dandelions everywhere!

smoothnewt likes this.
  5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I had to go to Worthing today. On the way back this afternoon, I had to turn the air conditioning in the car on. How about that?

smoothnewt likes this.
  6. nizebaby

nizebaby Lead commenter

Why didn't you just open your window?

7. Duke of York

I can't hear the wireless above the road roar and wind. I would have opened the window when I was younger and had rock music blaring out the speakers, but now I'm old, I struggle to have a conversation when there's any background noise.

I listen to R4 these days, which is virtually all talk and there's no point in putting the wireless on if you can't make out what they're saying, is there?

8. nizebaby

nizebaby Lead commenter

Well, turn the ruddy thing off!

9. nizebaby

nizebaby Lead commenter

Sorry, Duke. That sounded rude. I seem to be getting more and more victoria meldrew moments recently.

10. Duke of York

That's OK, @nizebaby, I didn't catch what you'd said because the dog was barking.

primarycat and sbkrobson like this.
  11. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Lead commenter

I haven't turned the heating on all day!

nizebaby likes this.
  12. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Try TES Problem Page; on any day it has barminess.

nizebaby likes this.
  13. yodaami2

yodaami2 Lead commenter

Lol. Wireless! Not just me then.

Duke of York likes this.