1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

There was for once, an encouraging food thing on the wireless

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by modelmaker, Dec 6, 2011.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

You might imaging the dullest place to learn about food would be the wireless, now we've got the telly, yet there is an oasis out there that is sometimes dry, sometimes moist, but ocasionally wet enough to refresh you.
    I tuned into the Food Pragramme this morning while I was waiting for my lift to turn up. It announced it was about the market of the year competition, possibly the dullest thing you'd choose to listen to, but in fact it turned out to be among the most interesting food programmes I've heard for a long time.
    The 3 short-listed markets had something special to offerr but the winner which was Bolton market had a bit more, and this came from the Council's invovememt. It seems that Bolton Council care more about their community than gettting Tesco, Asda, Morrissons or Sainsbury to pay for a road improvement scheme in return for planning permission fora new supermarket. They are puting momey into the Bolton Market alomg with imaginative innovation to make it work.
    You'll get it on the iplayer if you care to listen.

2. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

You might imaging the dullest place to learn about food would be the wireless, now we've got the telly, yet there is an oasis out there that is sometimes dry, sometimes moist, but ocasionally wet enough to refresh you.
    I tuned into the Food Pragramme this morning while I was waiting for my lift to turn up. It announced it was about the market of the year competition, possibly the dullest thing you'd choose to listen to, but in fact it turned out to be among the most interesting food programmes I've heard for a long time.
    The 3 short-listed markets had something special to offerr but the winner which was Bolton market had a bit more, and this came from the Council's invovememt. It seems that Bolton Council care more about their community than gettting Tesco, Asda, Morrissons or Sainsbury to pay for a road improvement scheme in return for planning permission fora new supermarket. They are puting momey into the Bolton Market alomg with imaginative innovation to make it work.
    You'll get it on the iplayer if you care to listen.