1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

There is hope!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by gold19951, Dec 15, 2018.

1. gold19951

gold19951 Occasional commenter

I just wanted to post for anyone who has been put on a “support plan” or who is off with WRS/depression/anxiety there is light at the end of the tunnel. It’s taken me 9 months to be able to set foot in a classroom again after an SA but I have managed to secure a long term supply job in a lovely, supportive department where they seem very grateful to have me. I don’t have that awful sick feeling in the pit of my stomach on the journey there in the mornings and I can’t believe that as recently as November I thought I would never be able to teach again, or even leave the house. I know it’s still early days, but I remember reading positive posts on here in the depths of depression and genuinely thinking there was no hope, and that it would never happen to me. I know that especially at this time of year, it can seem so bleak - but if you are miserable where you are, know that it’s possible to get out and eventually get (some of!) your mojo back.
    Love and best wishes to everyone on here - there are some wonderfully kind people who gave me some lovely encouraging replies that set me on the long road to recovery. Xx

2. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Lead commenter

What a lovely post and so good to hear.
    Well done for bouncing back.

gold19951, Bombart95 and agathamorse like this.
  3. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Lovely news! Well done and I hope your post gives hope to others who are in the position you were. Have merry Christmas!

4. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

Well done you! Glad that things have worked out well for you as well! You deserve it! :)

gold19951, Curae and agathamorse like this.
  5. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Well done, @gold19951 It's lovely to hear this and I hope it brings a glimmer of hope to others.

6. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

Well done! It is possible to survive and even thrive after all the nonsense. Good luck with the new post.

gold19951 and Curae like this.
  7. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Well done

8. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Well done and good luck from me.
    I am glad to hear that is possible to find a new life.

9. Flowersinspring

Flowersinspring Senior commenter

Great news! Here's hoping you go from strength to strength!

10. Sinnamon

Sinnamon Established commenter

Fabulous news @gold19951 :):):)
    You're doing better than me. I left 4 years ago (bullied out), and don't think I'd ever have the nerve to return to the classroom after my experiences.
    Well done to you though, it shows what can be achieved with determination :rolleyes:

gold19951 and mothorchid like this.
  11. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Isn't this how all teaching jobs should be?

12. Curae

Curae Lead commenter

This is great news and it means a lot to many of us on here that you have replied with good news. Remember that you will always be supported right here on TES WPD.

Much love and seasons greetings.

May 2019 bring you even more happiness.

Curae xxx

gold19951 likes this.
  13. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

I would, but not want to do supply as they don't pay into the pension. Or holidays, I thought?
    With all the extra rubbish piled on us now, it isn't fair or worth it without that perk. such as it is. You can no longer plan it as it is no longer a consistent career. There is no guarantee of pay portability, no security and not working for deranged psychos at your next place so it's a 'Goodnight' from me. Sad really. I like teaching and am rather good at it, as were both parents, grandparents and one great-grandparent.

gold19951 likes this.
  14. tenpast7

tenpast7 Occasional commenter

I am very pleased for you, but on the flipside, I am seething that anyone in Teaching has to go through such trauma, just in order to continue working.
    It's like being treated as criminals.

gold19951 and TEA2111 like this.
  15. gold19951

Thank you Bedlam. X

16. gold19951

Thank you Sunshine, and to you. X

17. gold19951

Thank you ATfan. X

18. gold19951