1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

There is hope...

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by laineylou, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Over the past few years I have posted many things on this forum as I was having a truly awful time working for my previous head, in the end i gave up fighting against the out and out bullying and harrassment and handed in my notice. I was alway a consistently good/outstanding teacher but I simply became 'too expensive' and didn't fit in the new heads plans. I was pushed out based on lies and false evidence. I was utterly crushed, depressed and drained of all my confidence and enthusiasm for the job.
    Since leaving I have found a new job in the most wonderful school for the most wonderful headteacher and have never been happier at work.
    I'm not posting this to gloat or brag, but just to give some of you hope that there are great heads out there who appreciate (and desire!!) expereinced staff and are willing to pay them what they deserve.
    Heads/DHT's etc.. who bully and harrass with bullsh*t evidence are nothing but a disgrace to our profession.
    There are better jobs out there! I had begun to believe that I was doing somthing wrong. It wasn't me at all and, chances are, it's not you either! :O)

2. so glad to hear things have worked out for you.

3. bedingfield

bedingfield New commenter

Just want to echo the OP. I too had a bad time with a bullying HT (and they're still doing it to others) and I left the school wondering whether I would ever feel totally confident in my abilities again.
    I was able to get a temporary position that, within half a term became permanent, and I was recieving good to outstanding observations from SMT and an LA inspection within the year. I still feel worried that someone is going to come and grade me as unsatisfactory again and I find it hard to trust anyone in senior management, but hopefully the paranoia (sp?) will eventually go away.
    When you are in the middle of all the harrassment and stress, I know how hard it is to see if you will ever get over it. What you have to remember is that all schools and management are different. The right school is out there for you.

4. I agree. I was bullied out of a job and felt completely useless. I wondered if I would ever teach again. I have been doing supply and absolutely love it. I cope well and am asked for personally by several schools. It does make you feel valued again.