1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

There are too many facts

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kibosh, Jul 6, 2011.

1. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

and human intelligence is based on only one fact - there are no facts, only perceptions based on fear and greed.

2. Getting rid of facts is only half the battle. You have to fill the void with baseless opinion.

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

At long last I can be good at something [​IMG] Would anyone like their void filled?

4. Ah but our Doom...you are forgetting. Our Clint (Eastwood) talked to the trees, but they didn't listen to him, and the breeze didn't have time to hear what he said.
    Everyone <u>knows</u> Clint could have been the fount of all knowledge...if only we'd have turned to him, and those bloody trees hadn't been so ignorant, we wouldn't have this dilemma now.
    It makes me so mad......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh2UzWgSw3Q

5. Oh...my concern about trees not listening is as a result of what giraffe said....
    I am still angry. Those trees could have held the answers if only they'd listened to Clint.
    [​IMG]

6. Will it help cut down on heating bills?

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I'm tired. My brain needs emptying so it can go and lie down for a rest.

8. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Three general responses that can be used in answer to most questions:
    <ol>[*]That's an interesting question and deserves requires further research[*]Was it your inner voice or mine that asked that? [*]How bloody typical of you to ask me that</ol>With these, you no longer need to lug around a vast repository of information and can let your brain stretch out its (metaphorical) feet

9. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

You have forgotten the classic
    "I'll need some more time to think about that".

10. "Hmmm interesting...." works well for me.

11. And the shortened version, a mere "Hmmmm....." covers a multitude of sins.
    You can use this with a grimace, or a quizzical expression and a thoughtful holding of the chin.

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

No. Sorry.
    Healthy synaptic activity in the brain is known to be exothermic and so it helps heat your house, and so it follows that a void filled with baseless opinions might actually suck energy out of the air, therefore cooling your house, or at the very least, let it remain at the same temperature.
    How do I know this? . . . . .well this is indeed very ironic, but in my desire to prove that proven facts were superfluous, dangerous even, to the human species I conducted a series of experiments on the humans who roam free in Dimwit Theme Park (you can do guided tours and everything, the facilities are very good and there's even a firing range for the Idiot Spouse Shooting) and much to my . . . .. . .. oh! I seem to have forgotten what i was talking about. Help?!

13. doomzebra

14. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Who was that in response to?

15. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Isn't that 2 truths?

16. doomzebra

No

17. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

So . . this post, who was it in response to?

18. if we knew that, it would be another fact.
    as it is, we can all have baseless opinions as to whom it is aimed at.

19. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

It would indeed. Howl at the moon.
    We can indeed. It might even have been you! [​IMG]

20. doomzebra

Why do you assume it was in response to anyone?