1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

There appears to be a <i>safer recruitment</i> application form

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by David Getling, Nov 4, 2011.

1. David Getling

David Getling Lead commenter

A school website I visited today appeared to be using an application form that had been designed by the safer recruitment mandarins. So, if such a thing exists why don't most schools and LEAs use it? After all, we are told that safer recruitment is the reason that almost all schools now insist on application forms, and the reason they are so onerous to fill in.

This form seemed very comprehensive, with everything your typical SS interrogator might think of asking. Surely using the officially sanctioned form would then be the safest option. And, of course, it would save people having to fill in the same kind of thing again and again and again.

2. David Getling

David Getling Lead commenter

BUMP!!!

OK, here is a link to the form that many schools seem to be using.

Standard Application Form

Most schools paste their own logo on the front (some don't bother). But, otherwise the form is identical. It also, seems to be VERY COMPREHENSIVE.

Can anyone see a good reason why every school should not be willing to accept this form? Forcing people to spend hours filling in the same information again and again is sick. This form completely satisfies the safer recruitment requirements, and it's also far better designed than many. So every school should be satisfied with it.