1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Theoretical Perspectives

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by lisamichellet, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Hi everyone

I am coming to the end of my level 3 in early years education and for my last unit I have to join an online forum to discuss the importance of reflection in relation to professional development, any thoughts, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jochap87 likes this.
  2. jochap87

jochap87 New commenter

Hello,
    I am also finishing up my level 3 and have the same assignment!
    I thought to start I could give my take on how I reflect on my own practice in relation to theoretical perspectives, Firstly I think I find it difficult to 'think on the go' as suggested by Schon's process of continuous learning, constant interruption's in a busy preschool means that I am always able to fully think!
    I find it easier to reflect on incidents/activities after they have happened giving me the opportunity to make assessments on my own practice and look at areas for improvement, what worked well and what didn't.
    As a whole I do believe that practitioners reflect subconsciously throughout the day as all children are unique and require adaptions to activities and level of language used.