1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Theo- regarding a confused nqt

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by aliena, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Hi, I started a job teaching a year 3 class in september 2011 following graduating from university. The school in which i work is far more challenging than any i had previously experienced. Most notably the behavior of the children. The behavior in class has improved as has my behaviour management. I have been told that it is unlikely that i would fail my NQT year. However it has really knocked my confidence and i wish to leave the school. also my partner is looking to move back to where he studied at univeristy. i have check with my head and he has told me i can apply to other schools but so far i have not been offered an interview to any of the places i have applied. i am really finding it hard to remain positive at the moment, i know it would be foolish but i really feel the need to leave my job regardless if i have a job to leave and go to. Please could you advise me of other teaching related jobs i could apply for as now i feel as though i couldnt even manage full time.

2. I feel like my confidence has had a big knock. i want to stay in teaching but i feel so negative about my school now. i feel like i need to leave but i havent been even offered an interview anywhere else. i just feel a bit lost. my school is supportive but one of the teachers give me the impression she doesnt like me very much. i find it very hard to discuss how i feel with my mentor. i can talk to my TA about it but i just feel at a loss of what to do.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

aliena, it does sound as if a visit to your GP might be in order. You <u>have </u>done well, you<u> have</u> improved your teaching and towards this end of the year many experienced teachers tend to feel a little weary. Hence it's not surprising you're feeling a tad weary. The Dr. won't necessarily prescribe anti-depressants, but might be able to put you in touch with a counselling service or other help.
    If there is to be 'job-hunting season' this year it's likely to be in the next few months, so keep applying. Read all Theo's excellent advice and most importantly REMEMBER all the postives about this past year.