1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Theo on his hols - see you in September!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Jul 24, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The end of term has come, Mrs TG has packed my bucket and spade, and I'm off to the seaside in a bit.
    Once the grandchildren have eaten us out of house and home, and spent my whole year's pension on visiting the sights of London. Do you have any idea how much it costs for two adults and two children to see Shrek, the Musical? Don't ask!
    So, to those JobSeekers who found a job, well done. To those still looking, here's to new chances for you in the new school year.
    I shall be back in September to give expert advice on the Forum. And the TES Advice Service will be running a whole new set of seminars in the Autumn too, for those of you near enough to get to us in London. I shall be doing some of them, so I may see you there.The current programme (it is updated regularly) is shown here:
    TES Career Seminars
    Have a happy summer, everyone!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

2. lighthouse_keeper

lighthouse_keeper New commenter

Happy holidays, Theo! Thanks for all your help! Hope you need these [​IMG]

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Happy holidays or should I say fiestas felices!
    Hopefully the remainder of the hoildays won't be quite so expensive as London prices- I studied in London and know how many fabulous places there are to fit in & the grandchildren will want them all!
    Enjoy yourself wherever you are, look forward to reading more good advice next Sept.. May even sign on for some 1-1 help, if people start leaving in the promised droves!

4. Enjoy your holidays Theo!

5. Have a super holiday Theo and Mrs Theo! [​IMG]

6. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I would have responded earlier to this, but I've only just been released from intensive care following my heart stopping completely when I read this!
    THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY QUID? That means it's nearly 90 quid a head?
    Where are you sitting, in the royal box on Kate Middleton's lap?

7. You can cash Tesco vouchers in for this if anyone is suddenly devastated that they can't afford to go.

8. Middlemarch

But seagirl - THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY QUID!

9. Middlemarch

Being the nosey old trout that I am, I visited the 'Shrek the musical' website. It transpires that Theo has clearly pushed the boat out and paid for 'premium' tickets, since the normal top price is a dirt-cheap (*snort, choke*) 65 quid a seat.
    Quite what the difference between the 'top price' 65 quid seat and a 95 quid 'premium' seat is I cannot discover.
    But anyway - THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY QUID!

10. Not £350 quid in vouchers!! A mere £26 pound per ticket through the Tesco rewards scheme - (ok that's still a lot) but if you have the vouchers then I guess it'd be worth it. But blimey it would have to be good wouldn't it?

11. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The reason is grandchildren are small, for the seats at *only* £65 they cannot guarantee that you wan't have - what do they call it? - your sight of the stage partially obscured by a pillar.
    I think there was a &pound;7 <u>per ticket</u> extra for a "booking charge", actually. may have got that wrong, however.
    Gruel is being served at all meals. Charitable donations being received at PoorOldCodger.com
    And on Monday we are going to the Horniman.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate

12. Middlemarch

Gerrem sent up chimneys!
    (This is a paraphrase of something I once heard my first head's secretary telling a member of staff who was moaning about how much her kids cost: 'Gerrem adopted!')

13. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

But just had a free morning spotting deer in a Royal Park, so no need to set them to work up chimneys nor down mines.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate

14. Middlemarch

Did you go for tea at Pembroke Lodge? Favourite tea room of mine when I lived down south.

15. Lara mfl 05

Is that the one that backs onto an 'educational training establishment'? You can tell them you can see badgers at night if it is.

16. Lara mfl 05

Trusting you, Mrs TG and the grandkids are all safe in London.

17. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thank you, Lara.
    We were worried for their Mum and Granma, who live in Peckham, but Mum went at the weekend to work on an oil rig in Scotland and Granma is safely at home.
    We are just overwhelmed by what has happened.

18. Middlemarch

Glad to hear you're all safe, Theo - especially after being robbed already by the Theatre Royal.
    THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY QUID!