1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Theo Griff’s book and interview advice

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ViolaClef, May 25, 2019.

1. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

I’ve recently bought ‘Interview for a Teaching Job’ by Theo Griff, which has really helped me in recent interview preparations. Thank you so much, @TheoGriff !

I am in the independent sector. I feel that I would very much appreciate some face-to-face interview advice from an education professional who does not know me and who will be honest with me about any skills I should develop. Can anyone recommend where I could go to achieve this?

2. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

I didn't know that theo had written a book. I must read it! :)

agathamorse and ViolaClef like this.
  3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Gosh you have a long memory, Theo hasn't been the resident advisor for several years now and I don't believe she even frequents the site anymore.

I know tes used to run interview advice courses with their advisors / forum hosts, but I don't think they do anymore.

ATfan and agathamorse like this.
  4. agathamorse

agathamorse Occasional commenter

Theo has two books on Amazon: Applying for a teaching job and Interviews for a teaching job. They are excellent.

JL48 and border_walker like this.
  5. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

@Lara mfl 05 I think Theo might still be around sometimes - I believe she last posted in March 2019. Very sadly she isn’t an advisor here any more - her advice was always so helpful.
    Thank you very much for your suggestion of TES courses - I will investigate!

agathamorse and border_walker like this.
  6. border_walker

border_walker Established commenter

I previewed one of her books before publication, highly recommend.

agathamorse and ViolaClef like this.
  7. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

Some recent posts have asked about interview advice. I’d recommend Theo’s book!