1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Theo!! Application question.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TediousMissD, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Just a quick question..... What sort of things do I put on an application form that asks for information about membership of professional bodies? I am a member of GTC (obviously) and GTC. I have attended some local area Science Teacher association meeting and am considering ASE, but they aren't really membership bodies. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

2. Curses. That should sat ATL and GTC. As exciting as the GTC is, I dont want to pay twice!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, they are looking for professional bodies, but you should NOT mention any union - it is illegal to ask for that information, so certainly do not volunteer it!
    Local Sci Soc sounds fine - it shows an intertest in your subject.
    Don't rack your brains too much - it's no big deal!
    Best wishes
    There is now another seminar on Applying for Senior Leadership on 13th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop17.eventbrite.com
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

4. Thank you :)