1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Theo and tremendous support

Discussion in 'Personal' started by middlebeck, Jun 18, 2011.

1. I have just secured an Assistant Headteacher post at a large primary school in London. I recently experienced several 1:1 interview coaching sessions with Theo. The sessions were superb and I benefited hugely from the support and expertise Theo provided. It certainly made a massive difference when I went to the interview. I would recommend Theo's expertise to anyone looking for job in education. Theo was extremely professional and clearly had a superb understanding of the requirements and type of questions which arise at interviews, especially senior roles within schools

I would recommend her to anyone. Keep up the fantastic work Theo..... and your team.

2. I have just secured an Assistant Headteacher post at a large primary school in London. I recently experienced several 1:1 interview coaching sessions with Theo. The sessions were superb and I benefited hugely from the support and expertise Theo provided. It certainly made a massive difference when I went to the interview. I would recommend Theo's expertise to anyone looking for job in education. Theo was extremely professional and clearly had a superb understanding of the requirements and type of questions which arise at interviews, especially senior roles within schools

I would recommend her to anyone. Keep up the fantastic work Theo..... and your team.

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I thought Theo was a man [​IMG]

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I too have benefitted from Theo's knowledge and experience at one of the TES jobseekers seminars (and I then went on to get the job!).
    Theo is most definitely a balding gentleman! Typo due to the excitement I guess! lol!
    I'm sure Theo won't be offended.....he's probably been called a lot worse in his day [​IMG]

5. Sorry Kibosh. The excitement and adrenaline of getting the new job took over. I would definitely recommend Theo....

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Congratulations btw, to both of you.
    Does he charge a lot for one to one stuff? I had actually considered contacting him about a month ago. If this current batch of job applications fails to bag me at least one teesy-weensy toty little interview, then I think I need help!

7. Hi kibosh. I would recommend you attending a seminar hosted by Theo in London initially. I think there is one next weekend (26th June). You will find fellow educational professionals looking for a senior role in education. Theo will talk you through interview techniques and tips etc. If you want further support Theo offers this above and beyond the seminars. I would certainly recommend it. The cost involved is worth it, in order to bag a promotion where you are going to get the money back two fold and more... What type of job are you after???

8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG] Eh, just a job. Classroom teacher. I'm currently on Supply.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Puff, the magic dragon.

10. I didn't realise Theo took money.
    I thought he just headed the forum, over there.

11. KirkDouglas

KirkDouglas New commenter

So long as he gets paid it is okay by me.

12. Is it explicit he takes money?
    Normally, that would have to be on the marketing forum.
    We others are not allowed to promote our services for money here.

13. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hang on, hang on!
    It is TES that takes the money, not me!
    TES has set up a Careers Service, and they employ several people to do consultations and seminars. I am a part-timer, very part-time! I do them a couple of times a month, mainly at weekends as that is when most teachers are free to come. I earn a crust from it, but do not pocket anything like the amount charged!
    This is not my private enterprise or personal initiative, I am not promoting my own services, it is the TES Careers Service.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars
    There are a number of people doing it, including the TES Prime team - the people who run the Recruitment Consultancy for schools and colleges. So I don't do it all by any means - I was on this last weekend, but then shall not be doing anything again until October.
    My free advice to all Tessers is available all the time on the JobSeekers Forum here. I toddle along and answer appointment-related queries most days - over 5,000 replies in the last 3 years. I also reply on the Independent Forum, although there are a lot fewer there.
    And if you have a question about your Kindle . . . click here or here or even here!
    Best wishes.

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and often contribute to the
    Job Application Seminar Workshops. We look at application letters,
    executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people
    really appreciate.

See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

15. Thanks for clarifying, Theo [​IMG]

16. In what way? The posters on this thread said they had paid Theo.
    You cannot negate the fact that that will cause confusion.

17. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Hey, while we're investigating....

...who pays for the Kindle advice?????

(only teasing..... Theo's advice much appreciated and glad he's a TES feature)

18. ?

19. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I wondered about that comment too. Hope it's not directed at me - I'm not a dragon and I gave up smoking [​IMG]

20. Well done for giving up smoking!