1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

themes

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by gingertom, Aug 4, 2011.

1. hiya all, I know we should be having a break, but am getting into planning mode and was wondering what delightful themes others are teaching in September!!

2. hiya all, I know we should be having a break, but am getting into planning mode and was wondering what delightful themes others are teaching in September!!

3. We begin with 'Traditional Stories', which allows all sorts of side themes, depending on which stories you look at. Hopefully, for many of the children, it's starting with something familiar.
    It also lets you explore children's own interests, favourite stories, favourite books, ones they share at home with family.

4. We have to start with a whole school Island topic. It isn't too bad as the children basically make an Island out of their own interests and ideas. However i am hoping that the children are into Transformers/Cars and designing and making thing!!! With a bit of an environmental issue to solve on the Island. Last year we started with a Pets topic and finding the best pet for the class it was great fun and the kids lovedit and learnt lots of skills.