1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Theme Parks

Discussion in 'Personal' started by henriette, Aug 1, 2011.

1. henriette

henriette New commenter

My children (14 and 12) would dearly love to visit a theme park this holidays.
    We are close to Thorpe Parke and Chessington, but I have been to Alton Towers a couple of times and would be prepared to drive there.
    Does anyone know a way of getting cheap entry tickets?
    Thanks

2. Tesco clubcard points? We've used them for AT and Drayton Manor I think. Never again, mind you, awful places!

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

There are almost non-stop 2 for 1 or half price offers running somewhere at some time for Alton Towers - for details and updates try www.moneysavingexpert.com.

You can also trade Tesco Clubcard points in as reward points to get you in for nothing.

If you're planning ahead, there are occasional opportunities to scam the Clubcard system - our clan got into Alton Towers for free last time because Tesco had given silly amounts of Clubcard points away with cheap mobile phones. Like many, I bought a few cheap phones, collected all the points, then re-sold the phones straight away on eBay. moneysavingexpert's e-mail bulletin keeps you updated about such opportunities.

I would also add that Alton Towers is much better in the October holiday - colder yes, but no queues worthy of the name.

4. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Talking about theme parks or similar,Le Futurocospe and Le Puy du Fou are both worth a visit when you will be in France.

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I'd second catmother's comments, and add that if you visit Parc Puy du Fou try and book seats for the Cinescenie spectacular at night if you can - it's the world's biggest open air stage.

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Also,go to Brouage which is just across from Oleron and Fourras which is my favorite beach when I go back to France.