1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

thematic planning- olympic games

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lagerlover, May 1, 2008.

1. I've been looking too-again for Year 6 after SATs and can't find anything. So will be looking withe interest at this thread! Will post if I see anything in the meantime.

2. there is something, I've seen it...let me have a look

3. We're doing this too - I have some stuff that I have found. A lot from an australian site that I thought that I could adopt. If you leave your email I'll send it on.

4. I am also planning olympic theme with yr 6. I would be grateful if I could also have details of Australian stuff. Hope you don't mind

Cheers

My email is pam.bendle@ntlworld.com

5. Will send you stuff that I have but am currently away with the kids from school and an posting from my phone. Will send you stuff on Sunday.

6. I think it would be a great idea to hold an olympic event in a school. Has anybody ever done this? Any tips on how to organise one?

I think the children would benefit a lot from this and in 4 years time the event will actually held in their own country!

rachael_turner221@hotmail.com

thanks

7. WolfPaul

WolfPaul New commenter

Given the HR record of the host country, I am steering well clear of doing any Olympic related activities in school this time. I might sit doen with my class and discuss why.

8. Could I get a copy too please?
    shaygibbons@gmail.com

Ancient Greece and olympics would be quite good, there is also an olympic dance linked with this on the LCP file that I will try and route out!

9. BBC Schools website has quite a good interactive resource that I'm going to use with my Y5 to help compare ancient and modern olympics.

10. clarej11

clarej11 New commenter

Sorry to be a pain but this is such a great idea I would love it if someone could forward the info on? Thank you
    clarejoyner79@yahoo.co.uk